Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Welcome to my blog!

Well, here I go! I have finally gotten in here and I am writing my first post! Welcome to my blog! Let me start off by giving you some information about me so we can get to know each other. Since I am here first, I'll go first. Seems to be the best way to get this party started. Hello, my name is Ayme and I am a fabricoholic. Oops, wrong blog...lol. No, seriously, I am. I am addicted to anything crafty and I can never seem to get enough. I love fabric, ribbon, scrapbooking paper and notions. I just collect it like it is going out of style. So, in order to justify that collection I have to try to create as much as possible with it. And I love it. That is where uniquefavors comes into play. I started working from home doing graphic design after I stopped working as a newspaper editor. I have been a graphic artist and writer by trade for many, many years now. (Yes, many...)
I stopped working as an editor and went into the bridal industry for a few years right after I got married in April of 2004. In April of 2005 my daughter was born. During that time I was still working in bridal but my little girl inspired me to create cute little outfits for her. By her first birthday, I created the first custom outfit for her party that would become my first favorite and I started listing my creations full time on Ebay. I fell in love with the boutique clothing world online. I just couldn't get enough of it and I was so inspired to create more cute little girl outfits. By this time I was home full time caring for my little sweetie and working as a freelance graphic artist.
Fast forward to today and I have a retail business selling quality fabrics, notions, patterns, etc. on a few different sites, along with my custom clothing store and my new websites. I also create personalized embroidery designs and have expanded my graphic design business to include online orders! I am proud of all of my hard work, but the creations I am most proud of are my daughter who will be 3 in a few weeks and my new little guy who was born in July 2007.
So, there you have it. A bit about me and what I am up to.
I hope you stick around as I try to keep you up to date on my work and whatever else I can think of. Since I am new at this blog thing, I can't really say where this is gonna go or what kind of ride you are in for. I haven't a clue! But I hope you strap in and come along anyway. The more the merrier on any road trip!
--Ayme

1 comment:

Jen (Mama's Magic Studio) said...

Welcome to the blogging world and to the Etsykids blog ring! Your membership has been approved. Let me know if there's anything else I can do!